Sunday 26 February 2012

Relationship Hunt

Valentine's Day is fast approaching. No one wants to be alone on Valentine's Day! The relationship hunt is on.   This is a dynamic that will take some getting used to for me though. As far as I knew, people usually tried to break up before Valentine's day to spare themselves the expense of buying a gift. Stupid concept, I'm aware. However, this new concept of a relationship hunt to ward of feelings of loneliness during cupid season is just as stupid to me. But who am I to judge?

So, from what I understand, in the month or two prior to February, people get these deep, desperate feelings of emptiness; feelings that they can't seem to shake no matter how hard they try. They're apparently very unhappy at the prospect that Valentine's Day will catch them curled up on their couch, alone, watching Love Actually, eating a tub of Haggen Dazs. Personally, I find that to be an excellently spent night. As it turns out, nights like these are for losers, who can't seem to find love. Go figure.

Losers like me however know that being alone doesn't amount to being lonely. So while you may be completely repulsed at the thought being alone this coming lovey dovey season, I am quite content with curling up in bed and watching Glee.

I caution you friends...don't jump into a situation because you're lonely. That will only result in a complication. How about you learn to be by yourself instead. There is a lot you still don't know about YOU...take some time to understand your own worth so that you can show others just how much that is.

Pink Duchess
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment